Sunday, February 21, 2010

American Beauty Photo Album: Blocks 1-6

This photo album portrays the first six blocks in the American Beauty quilt, pieced by Laura.

I have to admit, my first couple blocks were a little “shaky”, as I gradually learned the technique of the “Perfect Patchwork Templates”.

But, as I progress, I enjoy the process more & more. I am especially impressed by the flatness of the blocks. With complex pieced blocks such as these, I usually find myself pressing seams open in an attempt to eliminate bulk. Even then, my blocks are often “lumpy” in places.

But, with this method of block piecing, “NO LUMPS”! The precision is wonderful, and my blocks are flat and free of distortion. I could definitely find myself getting hooked on this technique.

Six blocks done. Six more to go.

Click here to join the “American Beauty” block of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment