Sunday, July 11, 2010

Vintage Memories: Blocks 1 & 2

“Vintage Memories”, our newest Block of the Month, is now accepting members. 

VintageMemorieslg

The quilt is designed by Sherri K. Falls, This & That Pattern Company, and features a variety of beautiful prints from the Martinique collection by Three Sisters for Moda

As we cut the kit for the first 2 blocks, I couldn’t resist bringing one home to get started.  I plan to piece this quilt along with the club members, as a little treat to myself.

Here’s what I found in the first packet.

(2) individually wrapped patterns, Block 1 & Block 2

vmbblock1  vmbblock2

Generous fabric cuts for the first (2) blocks.  All fabrics are either fat quarters or fat eighths, a joy to work with.

Fabrics for Block 1:

vmb1

 

Cutting directions are organized, and neatly presented.  You’ll make (2) of each block.

As I cut my fabrics, I loosely pin the stack of block elements:

vmb2

 

Piecing directions are straightforward & well written.  The blocks come together nicely.  I do find that as I join complex elements, the block looks nicer & lays more flat if seams are pressed open.

vmb3

Within a couple of hours, all four blocks are done.

12 1/2”.  Visually interesting, with nice contrast and a crisp, pretty result.

Block 1.  Block 2.

vmb5 vmb4

And, the group of four.

vmb6

These blocks look so elegant, a lovely combination of  color and contrast.  The coral red, grey, blue, and cream look very nice together.

I can’t wait to get started on the next packet.

Blocks (3) and (4) look like fun!

vmb3 vmb4

Click here to learn more about “Vintage Memories”.  Individual & group memberships still available, and we do have a few all-over kits available for immediate shipment.

Happy Quilting!

~ Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment