Sunday, January 24, 2010

Exquisite North Dakota Beauty

Early this week, a thick fog blanketed the landscape. Hoar frost and ice accumulated on trees, bushes, fences and buildings. It was breathtaking. On Tuesday, I asked some of my friends for permission to wander through their beautiful yards in search of pretty pictures. Here’s what I found:

hoarfrost1

Cathy & Todd’s Bell

hoarfrost2

Hettinger Cemetery

hoarfrost4

Tree Row by Hettinger Airport

hoarfrost5

Tree Row by Hettinger Airport

hoarfrost6

Hettinger Courthouse

hoarfrost7

hoarfrost8

Hettinger Post Office Front Door

hoarfrost9

Joe & Pat’s Front Yard

hoarfrost10

Brian & Kim’s Front Yard

hoarfrost11

Brian’s Frozen Fish Weather Vane

hoarfrost12

Cathy & Todd’s Gazebo

hoarfrost13

John & Gina’s Collies, Annie & Gracie

hoarfrost15

Annie? or Gracie? I can’t ever tell who is who

hoarfrost16

Annie, or Gracie?

hoarfrost14

Icy Cobwebs on John & Gina’s Barn

hoarfrost17

Old Barn South of Town

hoarfrost18

Hancock Point Picnic Area, at the Edge of Mirror Lake

5 comments:

  1. Amazing pictures! We hope you stay warm and keep the electicity going :) But you are correct - us Dakotan's are a tough bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your snow pictures are wonderful. I particularly enjoyed the frozen cobwebs. I had no idea they could ever get like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, and I thought it was cold here last week. I pray you all stay safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photos are gorgeous, I hope the storm lets up soon and you can all get power back on...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photos are stunning... but I hope you have your power back on. You have made it sound like an adventure - which it is in a way, but it does wears a little thin after a few days. We went without electricity for a week here in Nova Scotia after Hurricane Juan, which arrived one September and although we soldiered through it, I literally cried with relief when the appliances (especially the hot water) all chugged back to life. How spoiled we are! I so enjoy reading your newsletters and with each one I feel that I know you a little bit more. Wish your shop was closer!!

    ReplyDelete