Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fresh Cottons from Fig Tree… “Fresh Vintage” style

As most of you already know, I have “a thing” about Fig Tree.

I’ll admit, it took me a while to get to this point.  When I first started quilting, I was a little bit skittish.  Batiks one day, thirties prints the next.  I couldn’t quite figure out what I loved, what I liked, and what I didn’t.

Then, it hit me like a ton of bricks.  Or, more accurately, a great big stack of fabric bolts. Standing in Joanna Figueroa’s beautiful booth at Spring Quilt Market, I took it all in, and declared, “I am a Fig Tree girl.” 

Wholebooth

In retrospect, I should have known.  We painted our entire house the color of milk chocolate,  (aka “Brown Suede” in the Fresh Cotton palette):

20131-25

My closet is filled with pretty pinks, corals, butter yellows and assorted sage greens.

And, I’ve never met a quilt designed by Joanna Figueroa that I didn’t like.  Three of my favorites:

 

Madeline, A Girl in Paris, & French Kiss.

The next chapter in the “Fig Tree” storybook has arrived. 

Fresh Cottons.

Fresh Cottons hangtag

Click here.

For inspiration, visit Joanna’s Blog, “Fresh Figs.”  Click here.

Finally, find previous Fig Tree collections, kits, patterns and more by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment