Sunday, June 20, 2010

Market Bag Pattern Survey: It’s A Tie!

A while ago, I posted a survey asking about your favorite market bag pattern from those shown below.  Well, after 266 responses, I think I have a pretty good sampling.

The answer….. drum roll, please

It’s a Tie! 

 

The Go To Market Bag: Black Cat Creations 20%  Click here, $9.50

Mary Ann’s Market Tote: Purse Strings 20% Click here, $10.00

Saturday Market Bag: Heather Bailey 12% Click here, $13.00

Easy Market Bag: Calico Printworks 11% Click here, $8.50

Market Bags: Portabello Pixie 11% Click here, $12.00

Eco Market Tote: Favorite Things 11% Click here, $14.00

Be Green Market Bag: Paradiso Designs 8%

Market Tote: Sweetwater 8%

Note: 53% of respondents said they had made a market bag or tote for shopping, which I thought was pretty good.

As you can see, we now stock patterns for the top 6 vote-getters.  So, the other 47% of you have no excuse not to make a stylish market bag.

Next, the work begins.  As promised, I’ll use the winning pattern,  twill and coated/laminated fabric from the “Freebird” collection, to make a bag with the winning pattern.  And, since it’s a tie, I guess I get to pick from the top two patterns… I choose Mary Ann’s Market Tote.  I really like the gathered front pocket, great for my wallet, keys or phone.

Click here for Freebird.

No comments:

Post a Comment