Saturday, April 3, 2010

I Think I’m in Love…

 

martiniquelogo

 We’ve had our shop for about six and a half years now.  During that time,  I’ve fallen in love with a lot of fabrics.  Sometimes, my infatuation is short-lived, as I can be a little fickle.  Something new comes along, and my affection is re-directed.

But, the new Martinique fabrics are different.  It was “Love at First Sight” when Eileen, our Moda rep,  first pulled these exquisite prints out of her briefcase, and carefully arranged them on the table in front of me.

I fell hard & fast, and without hesitation.  I ordered everything.  All the prints, all the textured specialty pieces, all the chenille, the coated (laminates), and the pre-made market tote. All the cut goods. Everything.

If I didn’t think “people would talk”, I’d wrap myself up in these fabrics.  I’d hang them from every window, drape them upon every wall… layer upon exquisite layer.

Martinique… A Caribbean Island… an overseas region of France… and one of the most beautiful places on earth.

martiniqueansesdarlet

martiniquesaintpierre  martiniquelessalinesbeach

Images courtesy of Wikipedia.

martiniquebagbisque

Click here and here for the pre-made bags.

VintageMemories

Coming next week: “Vintage Memories”… our newest Block of the Month by This & That.

Featuring “Martinique” fabrics… designed by Sherri K. Falls

 1202016 1202028400116c

Available now: “Martinique” designed by Three Sisters for Moda.  Click here.

1 comment: