Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Self Applause!!! I finished the Spring Sprouts Applique Blocks

Hooray!  I finished by the last 8 spring sprouts applique blocks.  For a total of twelve!

If you knew how easy this was, you wouldn’t be quite as impressed…

As mentioned in my previous post, I planned to use the lovely coordinating thread pack for the machine applique:

But, opted for invisible thread instead (I’m going to save that thread pack for piecing!)

ss32

My blocks came together just beautifully:

ss33

ss35

 

Fluffy declared them “nap-worthy”…  Don’t worry, I’ll lint roll them before I assemble the quilt. Cat face

ss34

 

So, call me crazy… but does anybody else really want to make Spring Bouquet next?

springbouquet

 

Same stunning fabric collection (Over the Rainbow Batiks by Edyta Sitar), same technique, but bigger blocks, larger quilt… just blossoming with loveliness.

I can’t quote you an exact kit price yet, as I am still checking on fabric availability/cost.  But,  if I order supplies for a Spring Bouquet for myself, are you interested? Post a comment and let me know what you think of the quilt, and whether you’d consider buying a kit.   That will help me decide whether to jump in with both feet!  And, it will give me some ammunition for convincing Wesley that it’s a really good idea Smile

Coming soon… I piece the Spring Sprouts Star blocks…  Here’s a preview…

Links to items shown in this blog:

Spring Sprouts Quilt Kit,

Over the Rainbow Thread Pack

Clear Invisible Thread (Sew-Art)

Smoke Invisible Thread (Sew-Art)

Happy Quilting~ Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment