Friday, March 21, 2014

So many little quilts, so little time!

Hi, everyone!  This week’s Moda Candy Square project reminds me of a pretty little bag of colorful jelly beans…

570jllybeansbig

It’s called “Mite,” and is from one of my favorite pattern series, the “Little Bites” by Miss Rosie.

“Mite” has been on my mind lately, as I’ve been searching for the perfect little quilt to adorn my sewing nook.  The space is painted a soft blue, and I’ve been adding coral, leaf green, and cream accents as I come across them.  I don’t have much wall space, so miniature quilts with lots of color & detail are exactly what the space needs!

Imagine my happiness when I realized that we had most of the supplies to make “Mite”…  We ordered a few more bolts of fabric from the collection, and the colors are just perfect.

And, what’s not to love about the pattern…

Perky bow ties, set on point, a coral “peeper” or flange, and an interesting border from two pretty prints.

mmite

Plus, the prints are so fun: cute little 2 1/2” squares from the candy square pack:

But, I’ll be honest.  I am not starting this quilt tonight.  I cut & pressed my fabric, and I am setting the kit on my sewing table to inspire me to finish my Spring Sprouts quilt top, so I can send it to the quilter early next week.  It was the first day of spring yesterday, after all!

mmitekitcontents

I keep forgetting to tell you about my new favorite notion.  It’s the first thing I reach for when I am working with the 2 1/2 “ squares.  These excellent marking tools don’t pull, drag, or skip.  They make marking the little squares a pleasure rather than a joy.  This gift box includes a nice sampling of items, find it here

If you order between now & Wednesday, March 26, you can get the gift box for 20% off, $42.40.  If you bought the contents individually, the cost would exceed $60.00.

Note:  there will be a slight delay in shipping these, as I actually claimed the last one for my Hettinger sewing room (Sorry, Wes)…

sewlinegiftsetwithcase

 

Shop at DCQ for items mentioned in this post:

 

Happy Quilting~ Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment